Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JT580lp vs Schaller OFR opinions needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580lp vs Schaller OFR opinions needed!

Ok wanted ask, is it worth it to replace two 580's with MIG schallers? and if it is why? is it that the JT580lp is that bad or that the MIG Shaller is just THAT GOOD!
    I just got two MIG scallers one chrome and one black and i have a kelly and a DK2 to use them on. so should i
    A. replace the 580's now and sell them
    B. leave the 580's on and keep the schallers for future projects

The Schaller is a better trem and if you already have them, I would replace the JT580lp since you already have them just sitting around. If your planning on selling your kelly or dinky, I wouldn't bother. The Schaller is that good, they usually last forever, made with better/stronger materials than the jt580lp, smoother trem too. I was going to replace my JT580lp with one but didn't think spending the money was worth it. If I already had a Schaller, I would definately have replaced the stock jackson trem.

Comment

I'm saving mine for future projects.

Comment

Of course the Schaller is going to be a better trem, but most people will agree that the JT-580LP is a good trem, especially if you get a Takeuchi. Since the 580's are angled baseplates, the Schaller would fit, but wouldn't it leave gaps and look a little odd?
        1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
        1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
        2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
        2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
        2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
        2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
        1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
        2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
        2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
        1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

Originally posted by silar View Post
          Of course the Schaller is going to be a better trem, but most people will agree that the JT-580LP is a good trem, especially if you get a Takeuchi. Since the 580's are angled baseplates, the Schaller would fit, but wouldn't it leave gaps and look a little odd?
          I read that the OFR will leave a large gap on the left side but the schaller is not too bad at all. going to replace and btw is the jt580lp takeuchi stamped? how can i tell if mine are those?

Comment

The Schaller is better than an OFR, in my opinion. The 580lp is definitely a lower quality trem. I would make that swap if I were keeping the guitar without second thought. I'm in love with the Gotoh Floyd now though. I haven't measured it, but it probably won't fit in a normal Jackson FR route. It seems a little longer than a standard Floyd. Maybe it will, I dunno. I have a new one coming in the mail that's probably replacing a schaller.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              The Schaller is better than an OFR, in my opinion. The 580lp is definitely a lower quality trem. I would make that swap if I were keeping the guitar without second thought. I'm in love with the Gotoh Floyd now though. I haven't measured it, but it probably won't fit in a normal Jackson FR route. It seems a little longer than a standard Floyd. Maybe it will, I dunno. I have a new one coming in the mail that's probably replacing a schaller.
              Both schallers are now in the DK2 and kelly professional. The tone is better thats for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                Both schallers are now in the DK2 and kelly professional. The tone is better thats for sure!
                JT580LP have pot metal blocks, if I'm not mistaken. The Schallers have nickle plated brass. Glad to hear you're enjoying the differences. And all the parts on the Schaller are milled, the base is cast as is the trem block, but they're certainly higher quality.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X