Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bareknuckle Pickups? Anyone used the Blackhawk or Aftermath models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bareknuckle Pickups? Anyone used the Blackhawk or Aftermath models?

Thinking of running these in the 2 Extreme Stars im having built. Any experience?
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

The description on BK's site is pretty much spot on, could you tell us the woods used and what tone you're going for? Also, you could always email BK and ask what pickups would fit your guitar and playing style, they have some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with.

Comment

One will be white limba with a quilt maple top and maple neck, ofr. Looking for just a nice heavy low thats not overly tight bound, strong mids and a clean high. clean isnt as important as driven lead tone. This is a single hum.

The other will be Alder and Flame Maple with a maple/Ebony neck OFR again recessed H/S looking to get a bit more versatility with some better cleans ala petrucci esque if possible?

Ill give em a call monday, I sat around and listened to a bunch of the youtube samples. These 2 really appealed as well as potentially the nailbomb with the alnico.

Thanks!
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

I would definitely put a Blackhawk in the White Limba Extreme Star. As for the single in the neck, I don't have any experience with singles, but I've heard good things about the Sinner.

For your other Extreme Star, I personally would put a Ceramic Warpig in there, due to the brightness that wood combination would give you, the Warpig would balance it perfectly. If you want a "Petrucci" sound, the aftermath would be the pickup to get. This is just my opinion however; getting their opinion is your best bet, (they are the ones who make them right? ) Anyway, I hope you get what you are looking for, and congrats on the 2 Extreme Stars, I am beyond jealous!

Also, here are some high quality clips of some various BK's from Nolly Getgood from Red Seas Fire's Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/nolly
        Last edited by Richard W; 08-25-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Richard thanks for the congrats but I have to be HONEST they arent real Jacksons im havin the bodies custom built and fitted to 2 usa jackson necks that I have. I am a bolt on junkie and love being able to change stuff around all the time so that and my cheaper budget sent em this route. Once I get them here I will do a review on the builder. HE is out of colorado and from what I have seen and laid my hands on puts warmoth to shame at 1/3 the price.
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

I may have them build an extreme warrior im thinking tamo ash and something else.
            Haters gonna hate

Comment

Puts Warmoth to shame and 1/3 of the price? Could you give me the name of the builder?

Comment

Working...
              X