Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmoth Strat Body fits new Charvel Promod necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Strat Body fits new Charvel Promod necks?

Warmoth Strat Body fits new Charvel Promod necks? Or vice-versa....
    Anyone here experimented this?

In anticipation I thank you for your replies.
    Last edited by cristinelo; 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM.

The promod neck will not fit the warmoth body without some modification as the promod neck has a 2.25" neck heel and the body has a 2 3/16. The warmoth neck will fit a promod body but it will be a loose fit and there might be a slight gap which bothers a lot of people.

Comment

Ok...thanks.
      That`s a disappointment....

Comment

Yes, it is. I think musicraft makes necks with the 2.25 heel. But its not likely to be any cheaper than a pro mod neck from ebay.

Comment

Technically it shouldn't work, but it could be possible, provided you got lucky with the right neck, albeit with a little sanding of the neck pocket needed. I have pro mod necks that range from a full on 2 1/4" heel to almost a large 2 3/16". So you could do it without it overhanging badly, provided you sanded the neck pocket and got lucky with a skinny neck to start with and were prepared to sand the body heel at least 1/32" wider, possibly a touch more. I think KNE Guitars with do a 2 1/4" pocket of you specifically ask them? - Always better to be too big than have laquer chips from too tight a neck pocket IMO.
          You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
          X