Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremol-no question

Hey guys,

As I mentioned in my other thread about Kellys without trems, I've got a KE2 on the way from the States. I'm going to fit a tremol-no and lock it down to make in effect a hardtail.

I looked at the allparts site to order one, and there are several versions. The KE2 has an OFR as far as I know (picture is below) - does anyone know which model of tremol-no I need? I suspect it's the "pin-type", but I thought I'd better check before I order one!

Here's the tremol-no options:

http://www.allparts.uk.com/online-sh...ce-p-3160.html

And here's the guitar:

Rather than spend 56 quid on an over-engineered piece of kit, try this:
    http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/131...block-a-floyd!
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Save your money and block it with a piece of wood.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
        Rather than spend 56 quid on an over-engineered piece of kit, try this:
        http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/131...block-a-floyd!
        Hahaha, I saw that the other day
        Only problem with that for me would be that it won't stop the trem moving when I'm bending a string.

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
        Save your money and block it with a piece of wood.
        Are there any dos and don'ts for this? Is it literally just cutting a couple of bits of wood and wedging them either side of the trem block?

Comment

Originally posted by skullfunkerry View Post
          Are there any dos and don'ts for this? Is it literally just cutting a couple of bits of wood and wedging them either side of the trem block?
          Exactly

Trust me, i own 2 tremol-no, don't buy the hype and save your money
          JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by skullfunkerry View Post
            Only problem with that for me would be that it won't stop the trem moving when I'm bending a string.
            Use more springs.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Here's a list of trems, and what tremol-no they are compatible with:
              http://www.tremol-no.com/workswith.asp

With an Original Floyd Rose, the Pin-type is suggested.

Video on how to install:

Comment

Trust me. Save that money for some good wine or else and use a piece of wood to block your Floyd.
                JB aka BenoA

Comment

I used a block of wood (don't remember why type) for my Strat. Spent days sanding it by hand in my spare time so it was a perfect fit...

After 3 years, the piece of wood I used is a lot smaller to the point it just rattles around because of the lack of humidity.

For the King V, I am using the clamp type tremol-no.

Comment

If you block for dive only, throw an extra spring on there and/or tighten them up. It will be heavier action, but it won't lift on bends.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Wouldn't you have to glue the block of wood to the body, so you can dive the trem without it falling out or moving around?
                      '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                      '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                      '98 PRS Custom 22
                      '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I never did get the lack of love for the Tremol-No (the pin type at least). I've got them on both my Floyded guitars and, as long as they're set up properly, they're great in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK View Post
                          Wouldn't you have to glue the block of wood to the body, so you can dive the trem without it falling out or moving around?
                          Yup, just use a thin layer of old school white craft glue. It just needs to be tacked there so it doesn't fall out from gravity. 98% of the time it is held in place by the trem. Plus it makes it easy to remove if you have a need to go floating again. A light tap will break it loose.

Obviously this won't work like a tremol-no in that you can't change it on the fly for a song by song basis but that's still slower than just switching guitars.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                          X