EMG 1A pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG 1A pickups

I'm looking at the pickups I took out of my '89 soloist. They are EMG active pickups, the hum is labeled EMG-81 with a "1A" sticker on them. The single coil only have the "1A" sticker. What does the 1A designation mean? Obviously the humbucker is an 81 but what would the single coil's be? Are they all just a set? I see on the EMG site you can get an s/s/81 set. Did I answer my own question? :think:

Pretty much. Back then, they only had one single - the SA (Single Active). Only recently did they introduce any changes to the single coil line - the SV (Vintage, with exposed poles), and something else I can't be assed to look up

Not sure what the stickers mean, though. Could be the winder, could be the machine they were wound on, could be the revision (1A, 1B, etc).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Covered singles (no poles) >> Gold logo = SA (Alnico V magnet). Silver logo = S (Ceramic magnet). Don't know what the 1A means either.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
      X