Talk about a sick feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a sick feeling...

You get home from work, break out the knife to open the box to your new guitar that was just delivered. You open the case to find THIS. Friggin UPS gorilla's strike again. I'm sure they will say it was not packaged well enough, the case was in a box and had packing material but the guitar was loose inside the case which was not form fitting. I have a Charvel form-fitting case and am trying to talk myself into slipping it in that one before calling, still up in the air on that one. It's hard to describe the feeling you get when you open the case and see something like that. Sent the seller an e-mail, we'll see how it goes.

NOT the way I wanted to start the weekend,
    Soltan

P.S. Does anyone else find it ironic that Charvel is flagged as a misspelled word in the spell checker? heh

Re: Talk about a sick feeling...

ahhh bad luck dude.. I really feel for you [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, that sux big time! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Good luck.

Comment

Holy anti-climatic, Batman! Serious bummer. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
        ...but the guitar was loose inside the case which was not form fitting...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's your answer as to why it didn't survive.
        ...I'm sure they will say it was not packaged well enough...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And they'd be right.

As for snowing UPS - it's hard as hell to get 'em to cough up cash when it is obviously their fault, let alone probably.

Is there any damage to the case it came in? If so, then you might have an easier time.

Is the seller pursuing UPS? Whomever purchased the insurance is the one UPS will deal with. The seller is usually this person - even if you paid for it, the seller usually purchases it when arranging for shipping.
        ------
        Good luck, bro - but if it doesn't work out, you may want to consider the Floyd Speedloader. Then you could just glue the busted section back on without having to worry about string-pull!!
        Just a thought...
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I have never had this happen to me or someone I shipped a guitar to, but I have a question: How do these things usually happen thru a hardcase, and I really wonder how common it is, since I have been lucky for years? Jack.

Comment

Friday the 13th man. Bad Karma.

Comment

That really sucks [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never seen an accident like that from shipping, especially if it was in the hardshell case. Post an update on what that seller says about it. Dosen't seem like the headstock can be that damaged by just a little movement in the case. Looks like a clean break like it could be shipping, but there's a twinge of doubt when I say that

Comment

That is DEFINATELY damage from the guitar not being snug in the case. It shot forward and the headstock hit the end: Snapola.

There is a lesson to be learned here. When packing a guitar for shipping, look at every concievable possibility for impact. This is one area lot of people overlook. If the guitar can move in the case AT ALL, its not ready to go in the box. If you can confidently drop if from 6 feet on to the headstock end of the case, then you may be ok.

Comment

Good analysis.

However it must have been thrown against a wall.

Comment

Yeah, agree w/ Chuck & Ron. The seller (packer) seems at fault here.

Snapola! heh heh

What is that, a DXMG?
                      Might be time for a Speedloader!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes!!

A very perfect use for the "Speed Loader"!

The person who packed it...

Comment

Is there any damage to the case it came in?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not on the outside, on the inside there is impact damage where the headstock hit the top of the case and on the bottom where the strap button hit.

Is the seller pursuing UPS?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I received an e-mail from him and he was very apologetic.

That is DEFINATELY damage from the guitar not being snug in the case. It shot forward and the headstock hit the end: Snapola.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly
                          What is that, a DXMG?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, and it would have looked beautiful with the gold floyd, nut, knobs, tuners etc I had for it.

I am not going to switch cases. I wasn't aware that they picked up the box, I just figured that they would send someone out to inspect it. The case it came in was brand new but so is my Charvel Chainsaw case which I like better. I'm just going to buy some bubble wrap and pack the hell out of it (the way it should have been in the 1st place) and cross my fingers.

Thanks for all of your support
                          Sol

Comment

Best of luck to you, Sol.

Comment

UHHHGGG..didn't need to see that..My STAR is comming UPS [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X