Vai Swirll meets EVH paintjob Idea???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vai Swirll meets EVH paintjob Idea???

So, I've been kicking this paintjob idea around in my head for a while now. I wanted to get some thoughts if its worth doing, or if I should just forget the whole thing.

Here's my idea-I always thought the EVH stripe pattern was cool. I also thought the Steve Vai (Herc Fede) swirl was a cool thing too. Would it look cool to combined the two? First I'd do the Vai Swirl in say Pink, green and purple.. Then I'd tape off parts of the guitar like an EVH guitar and re-dip the guitar into another swirl of colors like yellow, orange, and blue. Then I'd repeat the process, dip the guitar in another swirl, and clear coat it.

Would something like that look neat? (the color combo's can always change as this was an example).

Way too busy looking I would think.
    Base coat then stripe it then swirl it.No wait that would be worse.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, too much swirl would just look like clown puke. I would swirl it, tape off the stripes, then do a solid pearl, sparkle finish, or if feeling extra saucy, a holoflash.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Yeah, too much swirl would just look like clown puke. I would swirl it, tape off the stripes, then do a solid pearl, sparkle finish, or if feeling extra saucy, a holoflash.
        +1 This would work. It would be a material stacker. It would have to be sealed and cleared after the swirl as it leaves a uneven topography. It requires clearing twice usually to get it dead flat again before taping it off with an EVH pattern.
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

You could also meet halfway and do a red, white, and black swirl job on it. Just an idea :dunno:

Comment

I would go with a striped, polka-dot, bullseye, japanese sun combination...with crossed swords. Cover ALL the bases!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              I would go with a striped, polka-dot, bullseye, japanese sun combination...with crossed swords. Cover ALL the bases!
              No CockDragon?

Comment

swirled crossed cock dragons with polka dots. that might just look like gay cartoon VD tho.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X