OFR post question, and spring question. HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR post question, and spring question. HELP

ALright guys, My german OFR came in the mail today, along with my 42mm brass block upgrade. Now, I thought the posts would be exactly the same, but Im noticing that the chrome bridge doesn't seem to be working correctly with the black posts I left in... It's as if its slipping on the post.... SHould these posts be exactly the same? or am I missing something here? it looks fine visibly, but I am noticing it when diving with the term... ALso, when setting up the guitar, THe bridge is pulled pretty far up out of the body even with 4 springs on max tension... Am I need of those floyd upgrades heavy duty springs in order to bring the base plate flush to the body?

What kind of bridge are you upgrading from and on what guitar? As for the bridge angle, you're saying you have 4 springs and the screws are screwed all the way into the body in the trem cavity? O_o

Comment

I'm upgrading from a black, german OFR on my Charvel Crossed swords to a chrome bridge. And yes I have 4 springs in the cavity on max tension... I'm thinking I need those heavy duty springs from floyd upgrades.
      Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
      What kind of bridge are you upgrading from and on what guitar? As for the bridge angle, you're saying you have 4 springs and the screws are screwed all the way into the body in the trem cavity? O_o

Comment

You shouldn't have any issues whatsoever. Can you take some pictures? One from the front, one from the rear? Something is really wrong here, but it's probably an easy fix.

Comment

Measure with a ruler the post centers, and from the centers of the black floyd and the chrome floyd.

See if there is a difference.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here are the photos ^
                  Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                  You shouldn't have any issues whatsoever. Can you take some pictures? One from the front, one from the rear? Something is really wrong here, but it's probably an easy fix.

Comment

I have never been known for being a genius, but it looks to me like your trem stop is stopping the floyd sitting further back. Bigger block hence why it sitting at an angle. Undo the trem stop and I bet the trem pings back and puts a big dent in the paint! But seriously did you overlook the obvious, looking for a more technical reason?

Probably ain't seating correctly because the spring tension is more than the string tension, just the Trem Stop is in the way.

Edit: Waaaay more than your string tension, looks like it could sit a little lower too, posts are a bit high.
                    Last edited by ginsambo; 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM.
                    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

yep your trem stop is whats causing the angle, the brass block is obviously thicker than the original. once the stop is adjusted your floyd should work much better there probably too much pressure which is also causing it to pop against the posts.

Comment

Should have mentioned... I tryed adjusting the trem stop. Did nothing

Comment

Take out the trem stop and put in a fifth spring.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it looks like the trem stop is right up against the block. check that the brass block isnt too thick and its right up against the body route, thats what looks like is happening. if thats the case you can either shave down the block or route the body out.

Comment

Checked to see if the block was to thick, it wasn't. I think the springs are just to weak to pull back on the block.

Comment

Working...
                              X