Old Gotoh tuners and changing heads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Gotoh tuners and changing heads.

I'm after some old Gotoh Tuners, the Pre pro very early '80's Charvel type with the dropleg (inline) screw tab type, kind of similar to Pro mod Charvel Grovers in that respect, not the standard issue Charvel/Jackson ones which have the screw tab at 45 degrees or the gold ones (SG360 / SG381) which come with a 90 degree tab or 45 degree tab

Anyone know if any cheap Gotoh copies or Expensive originals or reissues are about like this, I can't find any.

You know the old 70's/80's Gotoh crownheads, are they interchangable with modern Gotoh tuners? or modern Schaller tuners?

Having a few cunning plans to spruce up some pro mods, but reality is presenting quite an obstacle.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

I have a chrome set with the original screws that might be what your after. Reality doesn't always present obstacles, although these might be in the expensive originals catagory! I was going to use these on a restoration project that I no longer have.

Comment

These are the types with the inline dropleg screw tab. Buttons do not matter so much as I have two sets of actual old Gotoh crown head buttons, Chrome ones, just no tuners to go with them, frustratingly. Anything like that? PM me a price if you are sure you want to sell them. I can only say no.

Comment

I just went through the hassle of getting tuners for my ProMod neck (and the expense of getting the wrong ones because the holes were in the wrong place). Looking at that picture, I don't think the Grover 205 (what I was told) tuners will line up with those holes. They are close, but off I think.

Comment

Not quite but hopefully enough to hide the old fill holes. I really like the Gold Schaller 508A's which are at 90 degrees or the 504A's line up fairly close, think there is only .05mm in it. But I have these tuner buttons so I figure something different on a couple and want the Gotoh look..

Comment

PM sent

Comment

as far as i know nothing matches those old Gotoh mounting tabs, except Gotoh's or the PING copies of them which are pure shit. they are still available but only with the gotoh logo unlike the C/J version which didn't have logo's.

Comment

Man, I wish that Gotoh still made those crown head tuners. I think they look awesome.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Really Sully? I don't like 'em at all, which is a big part of why I've not bought one of those TMZ 'SL2H-Vintage' guitars...
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah, I think they're neat. Granted, I'm a "use what you have" kind of guy, but if someone made them, I'd buy some.

Those SL2H vintage things are an odd mish-mosh of specs, IMO.
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I thought they did still make them, but you can't get them without the logo.

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      Man, I wish that Gotoh still made those crown head tuners. I think they look awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        I thought they did still make them, but you can't get them without the logo.
                        that hasn't been my experience; I've reached out to my contacts at Allparts and WD, and they both came back with a "Not available" although Jackson gets 'em.... ugh.
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I always thought the crown heads were cool. The newer ones seam to have the tab in the same location as Schaller. Gotoh is coming around with some cool stuff though!

http://www.g-gotoh.com/international/

Comment

Working...
                          X