Replacing Dinky concept bridge pickup with Duncan Invader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Dinky concept bridge pickup with Duncan Invader

I've installed and replaced many pickups and I've never had a problem. I removed the stock bridge pickup from a Jackson Dinky concept guitar, I referred to http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...c=HSS_1v_1t_5w and soldered the white & red wires together, wired the green and bare to the volume pot and then wired the black pickup wire to the 5-way switch. I can get all 3 pickups to work on every selection or no bridge at all. I have changed the wires around and I just can't get this to work properly. The only thing different is that this diagram shows a 4 x 4 5-way switch and mine has 8 in a row. I am really hoping someone can send me different diagram that will work or can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I can take a picture if it's needed. Thanks!

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
    I can get all 3 pickups to work on every selection or no bridge at all.
    Not sure what you mean by this.

Comment

Power

It means that when I can get the bridge pickup working, the neck and middle single coils are also getting power. When you are in the first selection, it should be bridge only... second selection should be bridge and middle, etc.

Comment

Make sure the pickup isn't dead.

Comment

Sounds like your not on the right post on your switch.????? IIRC most inline switch posts go 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1. Good luck.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

What's weird is that if I put the red & white wires (usually just soldered together) and connect them to the 5-way, it works. The problem is that all 3 pickups work on every selection. Could the 5-way be bad?

Comment

Working...
            X