Re Paint Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Paint Soloist

I repainted my USA Custom Soloist after my ex tried to smash it into pieces over my Marshall Mini. Marshall didn't survive but the Jackson did. I have scrapped and re painted but am total unsatisfied with the paint and want to give it another try. Can anyone recommend the best type/brand of paint they have used? Pics would be nice too.

What did you paint it with?
    What types of paint do you have access to (compressor + guns, or rattle cans only)?
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I don't have an finishing advice, but it sounds like your ex had anger issues.
      Last edited by kermitz; 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

She didn't like your playing?

Some say Krylon, but some say there is better out there.

As has been asked before, what did you paint it with currently? Hopefully not house paint and rollers

Comment

Dude....I had a crappy Ibanez right next to it she could have picked but no.......My soloist...

Comment

It was Krylon and the finish turned out fine after lots of rubbing. It was my first paint job. But its losing its luster and finish around the knobs and edge of the bridge pup where I anchor my hand and wrist. Like its rubbing off. Just wondering what is good or better than crap bought from Home Depot.

Comment

If you're willing to put money into a decent paint job, send it off to get it painted properly.
              Rattle can paint jobs don't last and rarely look good.
              There are some guys that can do wonders with a can, but they are far and few between.
              -Rick

Comment

Yeah its certainly another option and probably the best long term one. I should just do that considering its a 87 USA Jackson. Thanks.

Comment

I would send it out to Mike Learn, his stuff is AWESOME and not as expensive as you would think. I have seen local guys charge alot more for his caliber of work.
                  The key to rattle can jobs is patience and leaving stuff alone for a proper cure time. Learned this more than once. Good Luck!

Comment

Just sent an inquiry to them. Thanks for the info. Their stuff looks awesome!.

Comment

Hi Jim, I left you a message with my cel. Give me a call when you have time. Have a great weekend.
                      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                      X