stronger wallhanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stronger wallhanger?

My Coral Sea Warrior is much heavier than my other guitars, so much that its pulled the top screws of the wallhangers out of the wall. Is there a stronger wallhanger than the Hercules (has a wooden base)?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Try turning the wooden base thingy upside down so the hanger is closer to the top screw.That's one reason my WR7 stays on my triple hanger.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Anchor it to a stud in the wall or use a hollow wall anchor.

Comment

I use the Hercules hangers (with the plain metal mounting plate). I ran a 1x4 along the wall first, screwing it into the studs. Then, I mounted the hangers into that. I painted the 1x4 to match the rest of the trim in the room so it doesn't look out of place. It seems to be holding up well.

Comment

+1 What MetalDaze said, although I left mine natural. I have 6 hangers on that piece of wood with NO worries.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
            +1 This is how all of mine are mounted too. No problems at all.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

The wooden bases sit on top of the skirting board. I will try reversing those bases as you suggested.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

off the wall brand are what I use http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-OFF-WM1-LIST

will hold 200 lbs if in the stud
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Does reversing the base work with Hercules?

I'm looking at mine, and they seem to have an angle to the metal tube that connects to the holder that wouldn't work if you flipped the base.

All mine are into studs. If that isn't possible, I agree with the suggestions of anchors.

Comment

I was told that it's bad to hang guitars, like they do at guitar stores. Doesn't that add pressure to the base where the neck and body meet?

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
                      I was told that it's bad to hang guitars, like they do at guitar stores. Doesn't that add pressure to the base where the neck and body meet?
                      No, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

The only problem I ever had with hanging a guitar by the neck was related to the stand I was using.

It was a floor stand with a metal yoke covered in foam. I didn't pay attention to the fact that the weight of the guitar was eating away at the foam, until I found a bunch of gouges in the neck where the stand supported it. After inspection, the foam had become so thin that the metal was digging into the wood.

That's why I like the hercules stands/hangers. The foam they use is strong and there's no metal to attack my guitars

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            My Coral Sea Warrior is much heavier than my other guitars, so much that its pulled the top screws of the wallhangers out of the wall. Is there a stronger wall?
                            ..or use longer screws/better plugs

If all else fails: chemical anchors
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                              +1

Drywall can only hold so much weight.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X