Super glue stains on the finish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super glue stains on the finish.

Got this guitar I wanted for a loooong time, guitar is awesome but it has a major flow...looks like someone spiled a super glue on the bottom horn and then tryed to wipe it out. It is not too bad but is visible and a bit dissapointing.
    is there a way to get rid of that type of stains? how about nail polish remover, will it also take the laquer with it?
    Thank alot you tech pros!
    ****Sorry brothers...here are the pix.
    DSC00149 (2).jpgDSC00150 (2).jpgDSC00151 (2).jpgDSC00152 (2).jpgDSC00153 (2).jpgDSC00154 (2).jpgDSC00156.jpg
    Last edited by Knockout; 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM.
    Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

pix.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Acetone would likely bite into the lacquer/clear if not the paint in the area as well if its painted but its an option. If there's finish similar to the area inside the pickup cavities or trem, control routes, you have a bit of room for experimentation. I would likely wet sand it myself with extremely fine sandpaper. This affirms what I was thinking.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f18/re...-ideas-710819/

Comment

yeah, pics would help immensely as would a little more detail on the guitar itself.
        Last edited by charvelguy; 05-30-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

pics. Usually superglue eats through the finish. Don't ask me how I know.

Comment

Pics added!
            Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

Ewww!

Are you SURE that's SUPER GLUE??
              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

If it's still on the surface, wet sand with some 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper and then buff out any haze with a buffing wheel and polishing compound.
                If it ate through the clear, it's there forever.
                -Rick

Comment

What he said. There's no way that it's through the clear, though.

This may help:

Sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Pile 'O skulls vibe? Looks like a cool graphic.

Comment

Yeh, it is older "Pile'o'sculls" lI was looking for a Fusion with these grafics forever!

***Sully, thanks for the vid!!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        If it's still on the surface, wet sand with some 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper and then buff out any haze with a buffing wheel and polishing compound.
                        If it ate through the clear, it's there forever.
                        +1

Comment

Hey guys, quick question about sandpaper. I have 3M brand and the highest they go is # 600 ultra fine. Will that one work?

Comment

Too aggressive. Go to the auto parts store for your higher grits.
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                              X