Do they make side inlays that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they make side inlays that

Can be seen in low light? If so, where and how much?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

I dont know if there are any or not but I had a guitar where I drilled in each side dot just enough to put a drop of glow in the dark fingernail polish and it worked great, but I did have to keep the guitar on a stand in light for an hour or so before a show. Usually let it sit out during the day

Comment

I use these. They work great:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Side-...#ht_500wt_1164
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Killer!! How long do they glow for? Could I get through a 3 hour gig? Would I just drill the originals out? Would it be the same process as doing the ones on the board?
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Not sure how long they last just yet, so I can’t say that you can get through a 3 hour gig on a single “charge.” They have them in 2mm and 3mm size, and yes, you can drill out your existing ones and install these. I’d use a brad point drill bit for accuracy. I also found this company online called Luminlay from Japan; they do them too, and they sell an LED flashlight "charger". http://www.luminlay.com/indexen.html

I’ll say that when the side dots aren’t charged, they’re not super obvious, but you’re more concerned with working in darkness anyway.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
          X