Non-recessed LoPro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-recessed LoPro?

I know I'm gonna catch all hell for not doing a thorough enough forum search. I did look a bit, but probably I'm using poor keywords. Anyway, it seems like a lo pro Floyd is only going to work out on a non-recessed body if 1) I don't mind destroying the paint behind the bridge with the little leaf sping tips, 2) I'm going to block the trem, 3) I'm going to both raise the bridge and shim some angle into the neck. Is that about right? Sucks cause its a nice takeuchi and the only other spare bridge I have, though not lo pro, is a single locking one. I guess option 3 is not so bad. This is a total parts mutt, but I guess I just like things to fit together as well as possible as if they were made to, so the shim is kinda irritating plus raising the low profile bridge that far off the body pretty much defeats the purpose of it being low pro.The body btw looks to be hss Kramer Custom 1 that the seller insisted is a Baretta, kinda sketchy though -no strapbutton holes or screwholes in the sc routes, so maybe from someone's garage, who knows. Nice enough body though that I'm not willing to route it. Last option is to switch this lopro takuechi into the one guitar I have with a floyd body route. Unfortunately, that route is all right angles and the takuechi has those diagonal shoulders on the plate. Boy, now in addition to searching the archives, someone's sure to tell me to stop whining like a little princess too, hunh?

Find a non lo pro trem or trade the LP for a reg one.
    LP trem needs a routed body.
    A Jackson JT-6 would work.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks Stray. That's what I figured. A long enough question is sure to answer itself, right? I didn't have the bridge in hand when I posted and for some reason was thinking that the rearmost portion of the individual saddles, the part that looks like a tail that the fine adj screws depress, had a second hinge on it and there might be a way to adj them in combination with bending the leaf springs up. Now that I'm looking at it, It's clear that all's not gonna happen and that the only room to be made is the travel of the fine tuners. Thanks for affirming.

Comment

The lower section of the lp trem won't work in a std floyd route you would have to remove wood to make it work.
        Not worth the hassle just find a Schaller trem or OFR.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X