Warrior Strap Buttons & Strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Strap Buttons & Strap

I was feeling pretty metal today so I decided to take my Warrior to practice for the first time. First had the usual procedure of tuning to Eb, adjust the trem and install strap locks. I was out of my usual Schaller knockoff strap buttons so decided to not worry about strap locks today and use a new strap that would give me a tight fit. Trail fitting the length of the strap revealed the odd postion of the strap on the front top horn. The strap wanted to wrap around the tip. I am pretty paranoid about damaging the tips on guitars so I tried the strap coming off the back edge. It is not on the tip but there is a rubbing point. If had installed the strap locks, it may space the strap off the body some but not enough to keep from rubbing the body. For some reason I was not as concerned about the rear strap button.
    Has anyone addressed this problem? I really do not want to relocated the strap button (currently on the inside of the top horn). Any ideas or should I not worry about the finish a just play the damn guitar.
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-5io1muSQYour question is answered at 1:00

Comment

Don't worry about the finish.

However, I use CLipLocks, so there's a thinner strap coming off the underside of the horn, and I hate when the strap wraps around the front.

I ordered the WarAngel without the front button installed, and thought about putting it on the neckplate in the middle like they sometimes were on Stars back in the day.

Finally wound up just using a longer screw on the top front neck bolt and mounted a ClipLock there. Works great.

However, if this is a WR1, then you can either drill into the neck heel or the back of the horn.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks, it is a WR1. I will git the ClipLock a try.

Comment

+1 to the Clip Locks with the WR1. WATCH OUT for that front horn though, the replacement screws are too long for it. Jackson usually has a short screw up there mated with those big strap buttons. That short screw can sorta kinda be reused with the Clip Locks, but it is a beveled type screw and doesn't mate up too well with the Clip Lock hardware. A better solution would be to cut down the Dimarzio screw. I didn't try that, but that is doable I should think.

Comment

Thanks for the warning on the screw length...I may have not thought about that.
            I once used a screw that was too long to mount a directed mount pickup...a duh moment.

Comment

You might also be able to use a longer screw but run it through the original strap button, then into the cliplock, if the screw is long enough to get a good bite on the wood.

Or pile on the felt washers behind the ClipLock.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X