New 1984 Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1984 Floyd Rose

Has anybody got any experience with these new trems? I received one I ordered off of eBay today and it was a different font on the Floyd Rose logo on the top of the trem. It's not the usual Floyd Rose font we all know so well. I can post a pic tomorrow, I left it at work today because I am getting the guitar it is going on tomorrow....
    Last edited by jmsaxon69; 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM.

I bought one on impulse because I'm a fool. It's OK. You pretty much need a magnifying glass to spot the differences. The logo is slightly different, and there may be a slight difference on the whale tail shape. You've got the brass fine tuners, which are kind of retro-cool. I do like the lock-in arm and Floyd-branded large brass big block, which are upgrades that I often do anyways. It's pretty much a wash in terms of value, though. I was able to request a Floyd-branded 42 mm big block, which is nice. It is interesting to see that the Floyd really hasn't changed all that much.

Comment

Are you able to post a pic of the logo?

Comment

FR1984.jpg

Comment

Thanks man, yeah the logo is the same. I've NEVER seen a Floyd logo with that font, I feel better now...

Comment

Wow! wtf, is has the screw in bar? ..Oh wait you said "lock in", lock in? Damn i have to google this,.. i been wanting this since, well since they changed them.
            Is the Bar different too? Like heavier? and less bent??

Hmnn, seen some pics, the Bar does look more beefy like they used to be, but it could just be hard to tell by the pic, also it's bent but hard to tell if it's all bent all "upward" like the way they are now, they used to be more parallel to the face of the guitar from my memory, which is what i want.

Eh, i see the bar is the same now. Swear the one i had was less bent up like that.
            I guess one could just get the parts and retro fit the floyd they have already. Still like to check one of these 84's out in my hands though, they do look sweet.
            Last edited by Trem; 05-07-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I like the screw in arm much better.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                Wow! wtf, is has the screw in bar? ..Oh wait you said "lock in", lock in? Damn i have to google this,.. i been wanting this since, well since they changed them.

Hmnn, seen some pics, the Bar does look more beefy like they used to be, but it could just be hard to tell by the pic, also it's bent but hard to tell if it's all bent all "upward" like the way they are now, they used to be more parallel to the face of the guitar from my memory, which is what i want.

Eh, i see the bar is the same now. Swear the one i had was less bent up like that.
                I guess one could just get the parts and retro fit the floyd they have already. Still like to check one of these 84's out in my hands though, they do look sweet.
                Screw in, lock in, same thing. If it's just that type of bar you desire, you can easily retrofit any Floyd with one:

http://www.prorockgear.com/tremarmscrew-instyle.aspx

I've purchased a couple and they are great.

Comment

Where can you purchase these besides ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                    Where can you purchase these besides ebay?
                    Pro Rock Gear has a link to it, but it has shown "out of stock" whenever I've checked it.

http://www.prorockgear.com/1984floyd...systemkit.aspx

Comment

Steal The Light
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The font looks the same to me. I have a floyd that says "original" on it too.
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post

i fixed the upward problem on my kramer with a vise and a soft faced rubber mallet. few light taps and she was good. but that thing was at a 60 degree angle to the guitar face.
                          Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

I thought about just trying to bend one straight too. I know for almost a fact my old bar was basically straight from the screw on part to the end. It might have been an after market bar but it was like 20 years ago. I could push it down far enough to touch the body, but at that point the string were totally slack so it didn't hamper anything at all. Also my memory tells me it was nice and heavy, the ones today almost feel like they flex a little when you push down on them. At any rate, it's kept me from using my floyds anymore - hell maybe that's a good thing, lol.
                            Last edited by Trem; 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Not being sarcastic here.. But what's the point of this? Brass screws??
                              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                              X