FLOYD ROSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLOYD ROSE

Pro's and con's. What do you like about Floyd Rose tremolo systems, what do you wish was different?

Discuss!!

Re: FLOYD ROSE

Floyds rule!! I don't wish anything were different.

BTW, this should be in the tech section or Non-Jackson/Charvel section.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can't stand them anymore. I used to like them, but every FR I get has defective saddles and my strings break WAY too often. Plus the recessed ones are a ***** to tune/downtune. The whole system is just a pain in the a$$ for me so I'm going mostly fixed bridge from now on, with the exception of maybe some vintage trems with locking tuners.

Comment

Love 'em. Wouldn't change a thing. Any problems I've had with string breakages on older trems has been easily remedied. I never break strings on my Floyded guitars & rarely have to tweak the tuning once they're set up
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I never owned an Original Floyd(but will once my SL2H comes in). I do own 2 USA Jacksons with the Schaller Floyd [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] and love them, no string breakages and once set-up properly, no tuning problems, I hope the Original Floyd is as good as my Schaller Floyds [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Nothing at all...if a Floyd Rose Original or Schaller...I have had some knock offs that sucked and I could see where if that was my only one I would hate them, which is why if it doesn't say Floyd Rose on it (not Lic. By) I won't touch it. Once you set them up properly they are pretty cool, easy to maintain and hold tune great. All of my guitars have them except my string thru JCF Rhoads. Hell I rarely use the bar but I am so used to the way my hand rests on them I don't see a reason to stop getting them/
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

My JT580LP never goes out of tune on either of my guitars equipped with them and that's not an Original....goes to show what a good design it is....but it still ain't no Kahler [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Floyds rule!! I don't wish anything were different.

BTW, this should be in the tech section or Non-Jackson/Charvel section.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, what he said [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll play any guitar. When the FR started to become the "it" gadget I checked it out. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I like the debates between guitarists that say how it keeps the guitar in tune. The player keeps the guitar in tune if you have a good ear. With or without a locking system it takes a split second to bring a string back.

It serves the purpose, it works well, it has draw backs.

Ultimately it is not what you play but how you play.

For me I have two ways of playing. One for units with locking systems and one for strings thru.

Ultimately I play better on a strings thru because I have more experience and it provides me better accuracy, precision, control resting my hand on the bridge.

Thats all I am going to write. There are real fans of one or the other and I dont want to piss anyone off [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Comment

Working...
                  X