JE-1000 vs JE-1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE-1000 vs JE-1200

I can not understand in which cases need to use JE-1000 and in which JE-1200. I have heard the opinion, that JE-1200 used with low output pickups (such as J-50bc), and JE-1000 used with more stronger pickups. But this opinion does not coincide with reality, because for example Laiho used JE-1000 with J-50bc, and JE-1200 with J-80c used in Charvel model 5.
    So...
    If I want to use a low power pickup (such as DiMarzio PAF Pro, DiMarzio PAF 36, Seymour Duncan SH-1) for metal music, what booster should I use - JE-1000 or JE-1200?

The JE-1200 is a midboost. The JE-1000 is a gain boost.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know.

Comment

Well, what do you want boosted; gain or mids? You can use them with any passive pickup, but they were designed to work best with Jackson pickups.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Well, what do you want boosted; gain or mids? You can use them with any passive pickup, but they were designed to work best with Jackson pickups.
          OK. Put the question this way... What onboard preamp should I use with low power pickup (likeDiMarzio PAF Pro, DiMarzio PAF 36, Seymour Duncan SH-1) for metal? Should I use gain boost or mid bost?

Comment

As toe said, it depends if you want more gain or a boost in the mids. What are you going for? If you want higher output, then the JE1000. If you want more mids and a bit more output, then the 1200.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
            X