RR3 high pitch squeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 high pitch squeal

I am fixing up a used RR3 that I just purchased. The previous owner had stripped most of the screws on the guitar, stripped the baseplate where the height adjustment screws fit in and the electronics have been resoldered (poorly) at some point.
    ISSUE: With the pregain set above 4-5ish on my 5150 or through a distortion pedal I get a horrible high pitched squeal. Does not matter if the pickups are set high or buried all the way into the cavity, happens with pickup selector in any position and I have tried different cables.

I was worried that the pickups (Detonators) were microphonic so I gave them a wax bath for 15 minutes. Checked the wiring according to seymour duncans diagram and remelted each solder to make sure everything was getting good contact. Reused the same pots but swapped the cap out for a 22u on the tone. The only difference vs the duncan diagram is that the green and black wires are swapped but if i understand correctly this should not be an issue.

Despite all this, my high pitched scream is still there. Any suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guitars: RR3, ESP F2005, F207, No name doubleneck guitar/bass, Ibanez GSR200 bass
    Amps: G:5150 on Marshall 1960A B:GK Backline on Hartke VX1508
Working...
X