Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any experience with these??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have any experience with these??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOYD-ROSE-G...49371656244634
    Last edited by The_Tonemonster; 04-18-2012, 05:23 PM.
    My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
    Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

I hope this is in the right place.
    Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

It's just an older version of a floyd with no fine tuners, if your strings go flat you have to unclamp at the nut to tune up, pain in the ass, this is why the fine tuner assembly was invented

Comment

There's a reason these went the way of the dinosaur

Comment

I'm not sure how that floyd could possibly be useful in anyway.
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

those are cool if you want to use the trem subtly like you would on a strat. i used to have a strat with one a long time ago and as long as the strings were stretched REALLY well it worked fine. i didn't have a top lock, but the nut had a lot of graphite in it, and it would work very well - about as good as a PRS unit, well maybe not quite as good but almost.

don't think of it as a floyd rose....think of it as and advanced 2-point vtrem and you will be in the right frame of mind....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Brad Gillis and I believe Neal Schon both swear by the old fine tune-less floyds.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Brad Gillis and I believe Neal Schon both swear by the old fine tune-less floyds.
                Those dudes are OLD

Comment

Vinnie Moore used one as well.

I had one. Had to use a GraphTek nut and Sperzels, and you still couldn't keep it in tune. POS novelty/collector piece. Not for serious players.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ask EVH maybe?
                    Serious, like all others allready said, they work as good as any OFR as long as you don't need to
                    adjust your tuning.
                    If I had one now I would seriously consider not using a locking nut.
                    Actually, these must soon be quite rare on the market?
                    Can't be that many left?
                    Last edited by 1337storm; 04-20-2012, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Not many Ford Model Ts left either. For good reason.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They are OK just a PITA to mess with.
                        Once you get them dialed in they work fine had 6 of these and traded them off.Didn't care much for them.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

We have two tonemonsters now?

Comment

These are a great trem. They are best when used with an LSR rolling nut and Sperzel's.
                            MarkD hit the nail right on the head. Don't think of this as some kinda whammy dive bombing thing. Think of it as a really good 2 point trem. quite a bit better than a Wilkinson VS-100.
                            Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Was thinking of an old school Charvel project with a graphite nut and locking tuners, simple as possible one knob, one pickup with a little gloss paint, nose art pin-up girl with big fat knockers and such for kicking around. mebbe

Comment

Working...
                              X