Floyd Rose "PRO" Saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose "PRO" Saddle

Just wondering if anyone knows where to buy saddles for a Floyd Rose "PRO". I have an old Heartfield Talon that has the "PRO" floyd & one of the saddles is seized where it pivots.

I see some on ebay, but they have an arm with an arc on the bottom of the saddle rather than the arm with the 90 degree bend.

I bought one with an arced (sp) arm but the arm is too wide to fit through the base plate. If I can't find the right one, I guess I can file it down to fit, but who knows if it will work............

Here's a pic of the bridge. The lower saddle is the type I'm looking for.

Thanks

Have you tried unseizing the saddle? I’ve had success with regular OFR saddles by using 2 crescent wrenches, one on either side of the pivot point, some WD40 and a lot of elbow grease. Because of the weird bend on the one side, maybe it’d be easier to place that end in a large vice, and work the other end with a wrench. Alternatively you could tap out the small cylindrical metal piece with a small punch and clean up the rust from the inside. One side of the cylinder should be bigger than the other.

BTW, does your Floyd PRO say “Made in USA by APMW” on the underside of the baseplate? I have a Heartfield Ellan with a gold PRO that says that. These were made by the Kahler company back in the day. Schaller makes em too of course, but I was surprised to that on the underside. My tipoff was that all the allen screws required the wrenches to be in inches instead of metric! Anyway, because of the difference in manufacturer (if yours is like mine), even if you get a genuine Schaller PRO saddle to replace it with, it might not be a perfect fit.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

If you soak it in WD40 it may work too. I've brought several floyds back from the dead by soaking them. I would just deisassemble and soak the whole trem. If that doesn't work use PB blaster. The stuff smells like formaldehide but works. I had an exhaust blot frozen and that stuff allowed me to get it off so a frozen floyd saddle shouldn't be too much trouble
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
        BTW, does your Floyd PRO say “Made in USA by APMW” on the underside of the baseplate?
        MetalMedal II - the one I have says made in Germany on the back of the baseplate; the allen screws on this floyd are imperal. I'll try to unseize it.

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
        If you soak it in WD40 it may work too. I've brought several floyds back from the dead by soaking them. I would just deisassemble and soak the whole trem. If that doesn't work use PB blaster. The stuff smells like formaldehide but works. I had an exhaust blot frozen and that stuff allowed me to get it off so a frozen floyd saddle shouldn't be too much trouble
        84sups - I have it soaking in PB blaster as I type.

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

If you need a new saddle, you can get it here. http://www.prorockgear.com/prosaddles.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
            If you need a new saddle, you can get it here. http://www.prorockgear.com/prosaddles.aspx
            Thanks for the link. Wow $38.90 or $199.60 for a whole set; almost as much as I paid for the whole guitar!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the saddle out the jar I had it soaking in pb blaster. Tried to get the parts to move but no avail.

Ended up removing the pin as MetalMedal II suggested, cleaned it up and put it back together. Doesn't look real pretty as the rust removed most of the black coating but it works 100% now.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
              Thanks for the link. Wow $38.90 or $199.60 for a whole set; almost as much as I paid for the whole guitar!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the saddle out the jar I had it soaking in pb blaster. Tried to get the parts to move but no avail.

Ended up removing the pin as MetalMedal II suggested, cleaned it up and put it back together. Doesn't look real pretty as the rust removed most of the black coating but it works 100% now.

Thanks
              No one cares if it's pretty when you're on stage melting their face with your shredding

Comment

Working...
              X