Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with swapping pickups on DKMG with import 3-way blade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with swapping pickups on DKMG with import 3-way blade!

Ok dudes, here's the scoop: I ordered a D-Sonic/Liquifire set to replace the EMG 81/85 that was in my DKMG, and they WERE supposed to be here last friday but UPS is full of incompetent asses and they goofed, so the pups will (allegedly) arrive tomorrow afternoon. Because I need the pups to be installed basically that same afternoon, I prepped by taking out the EMGs and looking up diagrams for wiring the Dimarzios (bridge/bridge & neck split/ neck, for the sake of clarity). Now herein lies the problem. After removing the original pups, I noticed that the terminals on this 3-way are 1) arranged 8-in-a-row, unlike any of the examples in the diagrams I looked up, and 2) grounded and connected amongst themselves in a manner that doesn't have any similarities to other examples I found on the internet.. so basically, by tomorrow noon I gotta figure out how to make this:
    Do this:
    http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/defaul...seriescntr.pdf

Huge apology for the huge image, I don't know how to make a linked photo smaller :/

But anyways, any help at all is much appreciated!
    I don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin.

HTML Code:
    m
    Obviously the middles are out. 123 is relative to 678. What youve probably seen is 0123 on one side and 3210 on the other. I hope I said that so it makes sense.

Edit. Maybe this makes more sense. Take 5678 and imagine the in the order they are but on the other side

Last edited by jdr94; 04-08-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Think of them as one thru eight. 5 and 6 are out. 2 and 7 are the full hum inc(red wires), 3 and 6 are the coil taps (white and black wires together) from each pup. do not link 2 and 3 , 5 and 6 together. That should ld work. Gil

Comment

I figured it out while I was out today, but thanks guys. And in the true fashion of reality, now that I have working kick-ass pickups installed, the saddle block for my high E string has mysteriously vanished from the face of the planet. And I need to track leads tomorrow.
        I don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin.

Comment

Working...
        X