Seymour Duncan GEQ-1 Firestorm Pickup Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan GEQ-1 Firestorm Pickup Boost

Does anyone have any experience with this pickup boost from SD. I wonder how it copares to the EMG Afterburner and PA2. It's weird that nobody talks about it like the boosts from EMG.

bump

Comment

I don't think many people use it as it's a "Duncan Designed" product which I could be wrong about but I think that line may be OEM only.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have a SD Pickup Booster Circuit (a Guitarelectronics.com exclusive) which works great. Instead of on/off switch it features a 25k pot for gain control and a DPDT switch for bypassing. I used a push-pull pot instead so I didn't have to drill my LP. I'm using it as a piezo preamp (with a suitable capacitor) but it boosts magnetic pickups just as well. Quite an experience running Duncan Custom with a 25 db additional gain..

Comment

Originally posted by 1b4n3z View Post
          I have a SD Pickup Booster Circuit (a Guitarelectronics.com exclusive) which works great. Instead of on/off switch it features a 25k pot for gain control and a DPDT switch for bypassing. I used a push-pull pot instead so I didn't have to drill my LP. I'm using it as a piezo preamp (with a suitable capacitor) but it boosts magnetic pickups just as well. Quite an experience running Duncan Custom with a 25 db additional gain..
          Is it just a straight boost or is there an eq as well?

Comment

It's just a gain boost. The pedal has an EQ switch but this is a stripped-down version of the circuit.

EDIT: I believe the word is 'clean boost'.

Comment

Usually I don't use add-in circuits unless they come in the guitar when I get it. I had an Afterburner in the Halford when it still had the HZs in it. It worked great for those pickups, which EMG's site says are PAF-voiced. Not sure it'd be a good match for the Invader in there now.

And I never used it on 10. It sounded best when it was just up enough to know it was on - maybe 3 or 4. Anything above that was pointless and noisy.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X