Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProMod Push Pull Volume

Hi,

So, I got me a So Cal, and I love the sounds out of it. The TZ has always been a favourite and it sits so well in this. Evo neck is a bit of an acquired taste for me (too smooth for a bad boy like this), but it's really growing on me.

I love the simplistic controls, and I don't want to start drilling the pickguard for any more knobs or switches, so the push pull volume is the obvious answer to give it some split coil versatility.

Has anyone tried this? I can't find any posts on it or any utoob example of these pickups split. But I did just get a 500k DiMarzio push pull in the mail, so I'm thinking that I might give it a go in the near future.

cheers,
    ian

I don't know about a coil spilt but I'd like a 500k push pull Vol pot for all my Charvels and Jacksons, with the push by passing the vol pot. That way I won't keep turning them down with the side of my hand accidentally!
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I've done this ... works great ... just do some googling and you'll find all sorts of info on this. Schematic examples on Seymour Duncan web site show how to do this as well.
      Dave

Comment

I found one on the Dimarzio site that I'm planning on using http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/defaul...itv_3w_all.pdf

It's going to be a week or so before i get the chance to give it a go, but glad to see good reports!

Comment

The Air Zone and Tone Zone sound really nice split actually

Comment

Right, finally done it! Worked first time and it was worth the effort. Three new sounds and no changes to the control layout!

Opening her up, I can see where some of the cutbacks were made in getting such a great guitar together for such a good price. All good components (even a CIS pot), but I'm not sure that whoever wired it knew which the hot end of a soldering iron was. And this is coming from me. When I plug a soldering iron in, it's the internationally recognised signal for the start of Amateur Hour!

More than pleased with the results, though. If you haven't tried this, then it's well worth a go.

Comment

Working...
            X