Jt6 and orig FR questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt6 and orig FR questions

Are the threads on bushings the same? I want to replace my jt6 with the Fr. So will the fr post screw into the jt 6 bushings? If not will the finish get damaged removing them?
    750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

No, the OFR posts will not fit the JT6 bushings. Contact Dave at www.fretsonthenet.com and get replacement posts that will fit, pulling the bushings and putting in replacements is too much of a pain in the ass IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
      No, the OFR posts will not fit the JT6 bushings. Contact Dave at www.fretsonthenet.com and get replacement posts that will fit, pulling the bushings and putting in replacements is too much of a pain in the ass IMHO.
      +1 Dave has great stuff and is easy to work with. I got some replacement posts from Dave and they work perfectly.

Comment

What the guys said.

Unfortunately:

Nothing fits the same thread as the JT6 bushings, apart from Dave's posts
        The JT6 post has too narrow a notch to allow most other Floyd or licensed bridges to work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
          ...pulling the bushings and putting in replacements is too much of a pain in the ass IMHO.
          If it was just a matter of pulling and replacing the bushing, I'd be okay with that. But the JT-6 bushing has a lot wider diameter than the standard Schaller equivalent. I believe the JT-6 measures a 1/2 inch diameter. So it needs to be doweled and redrilled for a proper fit. I did this once and it worked out alright. Unfortunately I didn't have a drill press and used a hand drill and one of the bushings has a slight angle to it, but it still worked fine.

When the toothpaste Charvels were introduced, they switched to Schaller hardware and the bushings they first switched to were Schaller but with the larger bushing diameter of the JT-6. I'm assuming this was done since they had the same drill bit drilling the holes. I believe this was only for a short period and later they switched to the smaller diameter bushing. It'd be neat if Dave from frets would consider making a Schaller-receiving bushing for easy replacement.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

You can use the OFR with the JT-6 studs just fine but Budman's allow for more travel.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

What's wrong with the JT-6?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                What's wrong with the JT-6?
                the one on mine sucks, I hate the location of the fine tuners. I have another that works okay, but I prefer the OFR.
                750XL Cherry Sunburst
                375DX Metallic black
                Model 2 blue
                Model 2 Red
                USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
                USA Slime Green San Dimas
                MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
                Gibson Les Pauls
                PRS SC-250

Comment

Working...
                X