Dave Mustaine King V Custom Shop Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine King V Custom Shop Order

Hey guys, i am new in here...... I am a big mustaine fan.....so, i am thinking of ordering a king v this year with mustaine specs...
    But the problem is i dont think i could get a kahler apm 3310 bridge, plus the jackson custom shop order form is a bit tough to choose... cause i dont know about the neck shapes and all that....
    so i hope all you guys around the forum would hep me deciding the specs

pickups.... mustaine livewires or the jb-4 jazz set ????

Bridge - Kahler apm 3310, the current kahler 3300, kahler 7300 or kahler 7330

Tuners - lsr or something else would be better

finish - probably quicksliver with dragon graphic, or maybe dave's angel of deth graphic

and give some info about dave's guitars neck dimensions too, the shape and the radius

Guys please help me...

Thanks

please if any one could write something.... please help me......

Comment

Well, here's the work order for one of his custom King V's:

http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/d...ics/j27135.jpg

Apparently it's a thin neck. Currently his signature guitars are D-shape.

Have you played one of his sigs? Seems like you're doing this entirely because of Mustaine fandom, might wanna try a guitar with his specs before you spend the cash on a custom order. You may love certain things but want to tweak others to your own liking (I think Dave uses thinner wire, whereas I'm a fan of 6100 wire myself).

Comment

Wouldn't a KV2 with the Kahler instead of the Floyd pretty much be it? I thought he still used the 'speed neck' profile, and tall medium frets.

Pat

Comment

Would the CS still allow this? Just don't mention his name.

Also, isn't LSR out of business?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ed Roman bought LSR some years back, as I understand it.

Or at least, he made tuners with the LSR logo and design. Whether they were/are legit is another question.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

@sausageofpwer

I've seen that work order before.....
              I'm quite confused about neck shapes... and i dont know a thing about necks coz i am pretty inexperienced, just played for around a year and that too not very seriously coz i have some exams and tough studies goin on

currently dave's got a d-shaped necks in his deans. i dont know wat he had in the late 80s or early 90s

and i havnt got any chance to try the necks..... i'll try to find a mustaine sig dean around( its tough coz i live in india)

and the jackson website iz having the following neck backshapes in the custom order form
              -Classic - 735-825 (i think this is the thinnest)
              -Speed - 775-835
              -Standard - 790-850 ..... could you please explain me wat all this means

Q.wat's up with the radius, there are tons of them in the order form

and i will certainly tweak a lot...... coz i'm not dave, i just think his guitar will provide a kinda base for my order

and what's up with the wire u are saying
              btw thanks for the ans.
              Last edited by Yash; 03-17-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

@mcculpl
                no, kv2 has alder body, i need poplar.......
                the tuners are different
                and i might just change the pu

Comment

@RacerX
                  yeah they will, and they'll give me lsr for an upcharge of $180
                  and yeah i know, i wont mention his name or kv1 in the form

Comment

hey guys, could you please suggest me the production models in which i could try out the diff. neck shapes and radii ??????
                    neck is my first priority......

Comment

Neck: I'd go with a Jackson Speed Neck, Compound Radius 12"-16".

Pickups: You were deciding between duncan jb's and dave livewires, remember the dave livewires are essentially active jb's.

Tuners: Dave now uses mini-grovers

Bridge: if you want a kahler, I'd say go with the 3300, I wouldn't go through the hassle of trying to find a 3310, when the 3300 is pretty much the same thing.

Finish: I'm not sure if Jackson would do the angel of deth graphic.

Comment

thanks for the reply, but what's the difference b/w speed and classic neck ???????

pickups: i'll probably go for the livewires...... i wish i could compare the sounds

Tuners: which one's better, grover, lsr, planet waves auto trim(the one broderick's usin)

bridge: wat's ur view on kahler 7300, hybrid trem and the 3300, 3310 is out of the competetion

finish: if jackson wont do it, i'll take quick silver with dragon graphic.....
                        oh yeah please read my last post about the necks....
                        thanks
                        Last edited by Yash; 05-27-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

A classic neck, as you put, is thinner than a speed neck. If you want the neck of a Jackson King V, go with a speed neck, that is what is on a KV2. Before placing the order, please try out some necks if you can. You don't want to shell out a few thousand to then find out the neck is too thin or too fat.

For the tuners, I personally only use sperzel locking tuners, but that's just me.

As I said, if you want a Kahler I'd go with the 3300. If you want a trem, go with a Floyd (just my opinion). Remember Dave's guitars now, are string through. Personally, I'd go string through.

If you have any more questions ask away.

Comment

but i hate string through....... it just looks ugly to me
                            hey mr.richard, can you please tell me some jackson in production models(cheap ones), on which i coould try out the necks ????

Comment

You can order a 3300 through Kahler custom shop http://www.wammiworld.com/b3300.php

Comment

Working...
                              X