Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Wiring Question: Replacing SPDT with DPDT

Guys,

I have been pouring over the forum archives but Im still confused. Switches are one of those things that really confuse me.
    Anway I have the following Diagram from EMG with 3 SPDT switches. I want gold switches which are only available as DPDT.

EMG told me to use them I need to wire one side of the switch like diagram and then "tie" the sides together

I put a labeled DPDT switch in the Diagram so we are all using the same terminology (Ie attach A1 to B1)

A1 B1
    A0 B0
    A2 B2

How do i "tie" the sides together?

I really appreciate the help. This is gonna be a cool 3 Tite project that I will be sure and post here when it is done.

-Rich-

To 'tie' the poles together just run the wire across from b1-a1, b0-a0, and b2-a2. Or you can leave one side open and just use the A side or the B side. Really the only reason you would use both poles of the switch would be to incease the power handling which shouldn't be an issue at pick up levels obviously.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, like Hellbat said, you only need to use 1 half of the switch. Just use either A1-A0-A2 or B1-B0-B2 and wire it up exactly like in the diagram (leaving the other 3 connections unused.)

Basically, the DPDT switch is 2 SPDT switches combined into one housing, that's why the SPDT has 1 row of 3 connectors and the DPDT has 2 rows of 3 connectors.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Really you don't even need double throw switches. This could easily be done with SPST switches

Comment

Working...
        X