Duncan Jazz in the neck position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Jazz in the neck position

Since the Duncan Jazz is a mid-output pickup around 12K, how would it sound in the bridge position? It's usually paired with a JB which is in the 15/16K, so pairing it with a 59/PAF Pro in the 8K range, it should be pretty balanced. Anyone ever use one in the bridge?

According to the tone chart on Seymour Duncans website, the Jazz neck is 7.72k, and the Jazz bridge is 7.9k.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Ok - if it's not a Jazz, then what SD pickup has a rear label that say SEY, is around 12.5K and has the logo on the slug end (which would theoretically make it a neck pickup)? I will check the SD site also.

Comment

I'm no expert, but I believe SEY may be initials for somebody.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

May be a Duncan Distortion neck... well, lets see how it sounds tonight.

Comment

SEY = Seymourizer, IIRC.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              SEY = Seymourizer, IIRC.
              Yes.

In the Seymour Duncan Mayhem set, it's the neck pickup to the Duncan Distortion bridge.

Comment

Thanx Sully - so you think it would sound good in the bridge with a slightly boosted PAF type in the neck? It's going in a Gibson explorer.

Comment

What I’m finding out about it (via google) is that it eventually became the neck position version of a Duncan Distortion. Although I know that I’ve seen one old Charvel in particular that had dual Seymourizers, so I’m wondering if there were neck and bridge models.

Hey, check it out! http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/53056-Duncan-question
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                  X