Moving to USA with my DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to USA with my DK2M

hey everyone, I didn't know where to post this, so am asking here. I am moving to LA, Calif to study in LA Music Academy. I am from Bangladesh, a country beside India where the climate is warm and humid. I will be traveling for nearly 20 hours and my guitars (a Japanese DK2M and a Yamaha Pacifica) will thus go through huge changes in weather/climate, as well as they will face new climate is LA. Therefore, is there any suggestions to maintaining the neck/body from any possible bending or warping? Is there any other maintenance issues/knowledge that might help me?

looking forward to hear from you guys!!

Ashique M Fahim
    Ashique M. Fahim
    Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
    www.myspace.com/amfahim
    www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
    www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Guitars go through many climate changes during regular shipping. I have a Jackson CS that was delivered on a cold snowy day. Far different than where it came from. I would give the cases a few hours in the new climate before opening them and humidify or dehumidify the room they are going in. I keep my room around 45-50 percent humidity.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Hey, I moved to LA two months ago from Europe and had similar concerns. I brought my Charvel Model 4. There was absolutely no warping, actually I changed the strings once from 10's to 9's and didn't had any trouble. I heard that's kinda hit or miss with guitars and climate changes. Simply some of them react more than others.
      Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

How do you plan to bring it to US? Check in or Carry on?

Comment

You don't need to slack the strings, for the record. Just keep it tuned and let it go.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

5117599409_f630c0e682_z.jpg
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You aren't planning on taking any flying lessons while you are out there are you?

Just checking...
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
              X