Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Stealth HX

Hello all,

I have a 90s Japanese model Stealth HX hardtail that I am refinishing. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get the string ferrules out of the body. They dont seem to be the kind you punch out from one side. It looks like they are 2 piece and maybe you need a special tool, allen wrench or something to unscrew them from each other, then punch out the other side? Any help is appreciated!

Well no one replied, but I figured it out. So if anyone has an interest to know they are two separate push in pieces. One on the top and one on the bottom. The soldering iron trick works to get them out. Maybe this will help someone in the future.

Comment

Thanks for answering, even if it was your own question. I had no clue since all mine are Floyd or stopbar tailpiece equipped.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Why would you have string ferrules on a hardtail? ScratchHead.gif
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
          Why would you have string ferrules on a hardtail? [ATTACH=CONFIG]3690[/ATTACH]
          It's really not a hardtail. It's a TOM bridge/string-thru body.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes...string through body...sorry about the mis-statement. Next stop bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X