To Cover or not to cover my Humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Cover or not to cover my Humbucker

Hello All, This is my first post at JCF. Of course it has to be in the form of a question.LOL.I found an amazing Seymour Duncan 59BL open coil Humbucker. My question is, will i hurt my Epiphone gold cover pickup and/or the Seymour Duncan if i take the slotted screw poles out and put the gold cover on the Seymour Duncan?? Sorry if i am asking something that has already been asked,,but i did several searches and found nothing on this topic.Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    Antonio22

Now Playing: Jackson KE-3/ Jackson Unknown(Looks like a Dinky with SSH pickups)//Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus// (2)Fender Strat MIM//
    Jay Turser LP copy(Actually my go to Guitar)///Washburn Acoustic Electric 6 string//1960's Harmony 12 string. Wish i could put Photo's of them.

As far as the pole pieces, it won't hurt anything as long as they have the same threads, but it might upset the wax potting. You'll have to make sure the covers are an exact fit. Probably would be best to go with a genuine SD cover for that reason. Also, you'll want to put some wax between the cover and the pickup, then solder on the pickup cover. There are some YouTube videos that cover this.

Comment

Thanks for the quik reply to my ??..I was worried about the wax potting more than anything. I guess if i am real careful it may not effect the wax.i will check out youtube.
      Antonio22

Comment

It worked. Just had to be real careful.Pickup is already installed and sounds great!!!
        Antonio22

Comment

The screws don't hold the cover on the pickup, it is soldered on from the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            The screws don't hold the cover on the pickup, it is soldered on from the bottom.
            Yea i found that out. Smooth easy upgrade.
            Thanks for the help and info.
            Antonio22

Comment

Working...
            X