Shimming Schaller tremolo saddles..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimming Schaller tremolo saddles..

I picked up a Gibson logo'd Schaller (JT590 type) trem for my '93 Soloist Custom. Got it real cheap and it is in excellent condition with all original parts. But now that I have it on and setup as good as it can be, I see that there is a big disparity in the height of the different size saddles. The #2 (E-E) and the #1 (A-B) are about the same as my other guitars' saddles and don't have a very big difference. But the #0 (D-G) saddles are quite a bit higher than the others. The D-G strings are noticeably higher coming out of the bridge and at the fretboard.
    #1 - Are there different height "0" saddles? I've never had this problem before..
    #2 - I have a bunch of feeler gauge stock of varying thicknesses. Should I shim the E, A, B, and E saddles to raise them and make a good radius with the D-G saddles?
    Never had this before.. Don't want to spend $20+ for a couple new saddles when I don't know what I'd be getting anyway..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Nevermind - I just cut up a Dr. Pepper can and made shims to try out. BTW - a can of Dr. Pepper is .004" thick. The shims they sell are .007" (.2 mm)..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
    X