Bread boarded a Je1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread boarded a Je1000

Decided to bread board a je1000 so I can swap out a few parts on the fly before I make a few. Tried a few different values for the low and high pass at the beginning of the circuit.

Add a trim pot and you could tune the lows for a particular guitar.

What the shit is that..??!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

haha, a je1000!

It's on a breadboard which means is solder less. I can swap parts on the fly

Comment

What are the 2 transistors? This is actually a good idea, I like the trim pot, I wonder what a 7 string would sound like dialed in with it!
        Last edited by Evol; 02-21-2012, 11:10 PM. Reason: stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
          What are the 2 transistors? This is actually a good idea, I like the trim pot, I wonder what a 7 string would sound like dialed in with it!
          2sk30atm and a 2sc2240. Both out of a dead sd1.

For that still you'd probably have to remove the mid hump it uses. It becomes kind of 'nasally' in a sense, like a sd1 or a better yet a pq3ish

Comment

neat idea, man. When you say you're making a few, are making the boards yourself?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              neat idea, man. When you say you're making a few, are making the boards yourself?
              Yes it was designed in pcb express for a very clean layout.

Using high quality 1% metal film resistors, the caps used in the originals, same transistors etc.

Right now it's in pedal form. A good solution for those who don't want it inside 1 guitar.

Comment

Very cool! That boy's onto something.

Shit, I haven't seen a breadboard in eons...lol!

Comment

It's really not as specific as I'd want it to be. Maybe I can utilize the je1500 for such a manner...

Comment

OH FOR GODS SAKE YOU LOT!!!!

I have now confirmed that no-one listens to me, when the end of the world comes I will simply say, "I told you so"!

I have put maybe 10 posts up about remaking and modifying the various JE circuits into different guitar setups (particularly with reference to B tuning!!!!) and no-one has read them, let alone responded!

197666:

I am interested in what you find out, I have run different combinations of JE-1200 and 1500's but as of yet never found a 1000.

I have a way to get PCB's printed if you wanted to do a small run of them. The only other person I can find making reproductions of any of these cicuits is FinnGuitars, he does a 1200.

If you want to collarborate on development ideas PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                      OH FOR GODS SAKE YOU LOT!!!!

I have now confirmed that no-one listens to me, when the end of the world comes I will simply say, "I told you so"!

I have put maybe 10 posts up about remaking and modifying the various JE circuits into different guitar setups (particularly with reference to B tuning!!!!) and no-one has read them, let alone responded!

197666:

I am interested in what you find out, I have run different combinations of JE-1200 and 1500's but as of yet never found a 1000.

I have a way to get PCB's printed if you wanted to do a small run of them. The only other person I can find making reproductions of any of these cicuits is FinnGuitars, he does a 1200.

If you want to collarborate on development ideas PM me.
                      This sounds like a great idea. I will shoot you a pm

Comment

Anyone got a vero layout?
                        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Vero?

Comment

LOL, I thought hand-wired was superior to PCB?

Comment

Bratfink, have you received my last message?

Comment

Working...
                              X