Set up my first floyd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up my first floyd.

I got my Jackson Dinky preformer 2 today. The bridge was sunk in pretty bad so I took a shot at setting it up and I think I did alright. It's tuned to d-standard, and the intonation is alright too. I'm gonna have a pro set it up after I wire in the pickups i'm waiting for in the mail.

Nice set-up. It looks like the trem is leaning forward just a tad, but I would say that's acceptable. Are you going for a standard control configuration with your pickups? Why not give the wiring a shot too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
      Nice set-up. It looks like the trem is leaning forward just a tad, but I would say that's acceptable. Are you going for a standard control configuration with your pickups? Why not give the wiring a shot too?
      I am gonna put the pickups in myself, I bought a guitar heads mini rail for the neck which I have now and a dimarzio super 3 for the bridge which i'm waiting on. Would you happen to know how to remove the strings from this trem? For the life of me I can't figure it out. I know how a normal floyd works and how to change the strings but idk how to release the strings from this one

Comment

You need to take an allen key to the long screw attached to the saddles. Turn counter clockwise, that should loosen the string block in the saddle to be able to take the strings off.

Comment

I had only ever worked on one trem before which was an edge and it was totally different lol, thank you for the help I got new strings on my guitar and it feels 100 times better.

Comment

Originally posted by unclesprinter View Post
            I am gonna put the pickups in myself, I bought a guitar heads mini rail for the neck which I have now and a dimarzio super 3 for the bridge which i'm waiting on. Would you happen to know how to remove the strings from this trem? For the life of me I can't figure it out. I know how a normal floyd works and how to change the strings but idk how to release the strings from this one
            Originally posted by unclesprinter View Post
            I had only ever worked on one trem before which was an edge and it was totally different lol, thank you for the help I got new strings on my guitar and it feels 100 times better.
            I love the irony here. An Ibenhad Edge is never "a normal Floyd". The unit you have there is based on the Schaller-made JT590, who also make the Floyd Rose. If you know how a "normal" (read: real) Floyd Rose works, the Schaller-designed operates in an identical manner.

The Edge is the low-profile design where the string lock screws are in front of the fine tuners.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

As an aside, it looks like the low E intonation set screw (in front of the saddle) is leaning forward, indicating it's cross-threaded. Setting the intonation is going to be a problem one day.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Don't fear the Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  As an aside, it looks like the low E intonation set screw (in front of the saddle) is leaning forward, indicating it's cross-threaded. Setting the intonation is going to be a problem one day.
                  Actually the saddles are on a pivot and the fine tuners sit right on top of the string locking screws and move them up and down for fine tuning.

Comment

Working...
                  X