Replacing FR Licensed Low Profile Trem w/ Gotoh FR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing FR Licensed Low Profile Trem w/ Gotoh FR

Anyone ever do this? I want to on my Dinky DK2S. Some have told me no problem just pop it in, others have said may need to route a larger area in body because Gotoh saddle string lock bolts are 4 mm longer.
    Gotoh saddle string lock bolts are 4 mm longer.Any feedback much appreciated.Thanks
    Last edited by HESSESS; 02-16-2012, 07:23 PM.

well, low profile gotoh floyds should be ok. the long saddle string bolts are for the regular gotohs (original floyd rose looking ones) with the bolts sticking out in the back.

Comment

The one I'd install is the regular Gotoh FR. You think it will require additional body routing?

Comment

i;m not familiar with gotoh trems to comment. you could always use shorter saddle screws. so is the original a low profile licensed floyd? or just a licensed floyd rose? i checked google images and it seem it's just the regular licensed floyd with recessed trem cavity. if this is the case, i don't see why you couldn't just the licensed saddle screws in the gotoh trem to ensure that the length won't be a problem.

Comment

Gotoh fit in my rr24, it did not fit in my kv2. Kind of fit in my buddies ke3 prof

Comment

Working...
          X