Push Push Pickup Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Push Pickup Selector

Has anyone tried these out, master volume: push down for bridge and push again for neck. I'm thinking about doing this for a custom Jackson. What do you guys think?

I'm not feeling it.

Comment

I have the push-push to split my bridge humbucker. I like it.....but, it has its draw backs. It doesnt take much effort to accidentally push it.....especially if you are using your trem. It is 2 position button..... same height as other knobs when it is on full humbucker and extended when it is on single. Never thought about using it to jump from bridge to kneck hum though. Could be cool.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Well, yeah, that's the George Lynch switching system like on his Kamikaze ESPee's. There wasn't a switch, just a single volume but it controlled the neck single and bridge hum, one on only...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have one guitar with a push/pull volume that selects between pickups. Push/Push would be easier to operate since you can just mash it with the edge of your hand, rather than having to get your fingers around it.

However, the last push/push I had suffered a violent death when I mistook it for a push/pull and pulled the shaft completely out
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            Well, yeah, that's the George Lynch switching system like on his Kamikaze ESPee's. There wasn't a switch, just a single volume but it controlled the neck single and bridge hum, one on only...
            I thought his was actually push/pull. I know Caparison uses push/push on theirs.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lets expand on this.

Anyone tried a blended pot for a pickup selector?

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                Lets expand on this.

Anyone tried a blended pot for a pickup selector?
                sure. My Model 2B has one
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  sure. My Model 2B has one
                  Excellent, which type did you use? 250k/500k? Make?

I am trying it out on an RR I am retro wiring with a JE-1500.

Comment

Is the Fender S-1 a Push Push? It looks like it would have to be.

I agree that Push Push is easier than grabbing a push pull, as long as it's not going to be hit accidentally.

Comment

SPDT mini-toggle sounds a hell of a lot easier to me. Plus, I'm sure I'd break push/push pots pretty quickly

Comment

I tried this - it was lame as hell, but if you use neck pickup rarely, it might work out for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X