Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHOENIX AZ :: Need setup tech recommendations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOENIX AZ :: Need setup tech recommendations...

My main axes (750xl, 88le) are getting a little long in the tooth. I've been doing 'ok' at maintaining them for the last decade or so, but need to get them in to someone who understands setting up 'shred' action. It will most likely involve cutting the frets a bit - so they've gotta be PRO. Please don't refer me to someone who wants to wag their finger and lecture me about how Jimi or Jimmy had theirs setup, or how my 1/2 step-down tuning is ruining rock n roll...

Who do YOU use?
    :think:
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Before I started doing my own, I asked about fretwork here. Lots of good recommendations in this thread.. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/107...-AZ?highlight=
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

K - took the 88LE to Precision for the 'Precision Setup', which is level/crown/polish + setup. To their credit, they only suggested a setup. When I asked why, they told me the L/C/P would help but wasn't necessary. My band plays challenging music (for me!) - I need any edge I can get. The full package was only $100, so I told them to go ahead. Should have it back Wednesday.
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

Sweet. Post an update when you get it..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Neal Moser is in Prescott. Don't know how far that is from you. But his setups are f'n awesome.

Comment

Too far for a setup, lol. Didn't know Neil was in Prescott, tho.

Comment

Yeah he moved there a few months ago. Randy Piper from WASP lives out there too.

Comment

Sorry about the tardy follow-up. Moving after 15 years in the same place, trying not to hunt down the useless fraks at CenturyLink lvl1 tech support, all while working and gigging my ass off. Anyhoo...
                Precision did a great job. Clean work, good turnaround, plays great.

Highly Recommended AAAAA++++++ repairer!!!!!
                lol...

Comment

Working...
                X