Tuner trouble on DK2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuner trouble on DK2.

I removed a tuner to clean out some gunk, and now it doesn't go back on right. The top of the post seems a bit higher than the others, and the bushing did not tighten fully, and now I can't even screw it off. Did I lose a part? I have the tuner assembly, the bushing and the washer. This is a DK2 from the era of with Duncan Designed and brushed chrome. Thanks.
    Just a guitar player...

I'd start with a good, close look at the tuner next to it and compare. As far as not being able to screw it off now, that sounds like it may have gotten slightly cross-threaded? The tuner sitting higher than the others makes me wonder if there wasn't a spacer on the back side of the headstock to lower the tuner. Is this a guitar you got new or used? Did you notice any difference in the tuner compared to the others before this happened?
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

It was working fine before I removed it. It is the post that just up higher and I notice the post has a "wear" line where it should be lower in the hole. There are no spacers in the back, just the one washers on top.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

OK, time to revisit this and settle it for once. I tried to fix it. For starters, did I break this tuner? Are these two parts supposed to be connected?

Just a guitar player...

Comment

Yeah the housing broke. Don't think any glue would fix that. I have 5 black lefty tuners that did that on a ps-4. Sucks man
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Thanks for confirming, now I don't have to mess with this anymore. Guess it's time to look for tuners.
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Get back to us in a year and a half and let us know how it turns out with a new tuner..
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

No need to wait, tuner was ordered and installed. And what?!?!? The Beatles broke up?!?!?
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                  Get back to us in a year and a half and let us know how it turns out with a new tuner..
                  cruel, man
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Glad you saw the humor Too many sensitive people these days.. Did you go with a used Jackson one or a matching Gotoh/Grover/etc..?
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I let you know later. I have this jury duty summons for the OJ Simpson murders trial, gonna see what that's about and get it over with.
                      Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
                      X