Installing evh pot in USA Charvel Style 2 2h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing evh pot in USA Charvel Style 2 2h

Hi all, I recently bought an EVH Low Friction Pot for my Charvel Style 2 2h (the USA San Dimas tele shape). I removed the charvel pot but FORGOT to diagram how the wires connect to the pot (the toggle, input connections were left as is). The guitar is a 2 hum jb/59, 1 vol, 3 way toggle. Can anyone help? I tried the Seymour Duncan site but no help. Also, a novice to soldering, I'm noticing the solder won't adhere to the pot even after sanding. Any tips? Thank you all so much :-) Brian Rankin

Make sure you are using a rosin core solder, the rosin helps the metal to bind. As far as wiring this SD diagram should clear it up for you...

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...matic=2h_1v_3w
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Eddie use to blow smoke on his guitars. Of course, this doesn't have anything to do with your question besides EVH+Guitars.

Your Welcome,

I must poop!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

they make a specific "EVH" pot now?

really.... wow.

PT Barnum.
        >^v^<

Comment

Pots, picks, strings, pickups...EVH has signature everything. :P

Comment

It practically spins :-) http://www.evhgear.com/gear/subpage?partno=0220835000

Comment

Catherdral..it's gotta be loose, fast, and sturdy. I'm sure his wasn't..not at first. He basically used poop, and made gold outta it. He likes fuggin' with shit. I am NOT a fan of his old creations (abortions) but love his MM, and Peavys..Fender, not so much. I loved when he played the old Frank, but I wouldn't want one. I would look gay with it. I look gay without it.

I have a lovely trans-purple Wolf that Doug Scarrat (Saxon) drove me nuts for..cool dude!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thank you Hellbat. Rosin core solder and diagram worked perfectly and all is back to normal :-)

Comment

Working...
                X