Warmoth Neck as compared to Pro mod necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Neck as compared to Pro mod necks

i'm looking to replace the neck on a MIJ Wild Card with a maple board and refuse to buy another item from ReliableFender since his service sucks and his prices are about within $50-100 of a Warmoth. So anyone have experiences with Warmoth. How do they compare to the USA and MIJ Socal and San Dimas necks. Which of their profiles would be closest to the Charvel construction.

I'd say, send in your neck. I see no reason why they can't build it with the same profile.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Warmoth will only build with a 2 3/16" heel width. J/C spec is 2 1/4". Musikraft & USA Custom Guitar will build necks with a 2 1/4" heel. Musikraft "thin C" is pretty close, and they offer the 12 - 16 compound radius and a couple of levels of rolled edges.

https://www.musikraft.com/product-info.php?pid69.html

Comment

Warmoth stuff is excellent and I used them solely until I started to build my own. As stated before, they do not build the neck pocket in any other width than 2 3/16".- Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I don't think warmoth specs come close to the usa promods maybe they are a little closer to the mij ones. I did have a warmoth neck with the standard thin, 12-16"radius, 1 11/16 nut and didn't find it that close to a promod though. If you spec them out reliable fender is not more expensive and you get what you want.

Comment

USA Custom Guitars make excellent necks with high grade materials. I have had great success with them. When you start to get real thin, like say some Ibanez profiles they will insist on graphite reinforcement rods. They also have very resonable prices imo.

Comment

Working...
            X