Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSR tuner string slippage

I have a Jackson KV1 with LSR tuners.

The problem I am having is when I try to tighten the high E string, the string slips and the instrument will not tune high enough without running out of turns.

I have tried .009, .010, and .011 string gauges and they all do the same thing.

I have also tried switching tuners into different positions

Anybody have any idea on how to prevent the string from slipping in the tuner?

Do I have to switch out to a different type of tuner? (Not my preferred choice)

Any help would be appreciated.

Got this off of another forum.....dont know if it helps:

The TRICK is you have to ENGAGE the string by moving the tuner while it is UN-ENGAGED - then push the HUB in to tighten; awe- hell.... It took 30 mins of CALM reading after lunch to FIGURE IT OUT - not hard; but ues a TRICK! It is a 3 step process to string these tuners!
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Make note of the direction the string gets turned when tuning, after running the string through the hole, bring it back around and hold the end of it with one hand wile turning the tuner with the other hand so that the string comes across itself pinning the loose end in place. Effectively using the string to pin itself in place preventing slipping. That's always worked for me.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

These tuners are great and are very easy to use once you get use to them. Shoot me a PM with your email and I can send you a PDF with some instructions to get you going.
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
        X