SL2H Electronics mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H Electronics mods

I had previously talked about swapping magnets in my soloist's JB in another thread. I was trying to tighten the low end and add a little more treble without it becoming ice pick-y. I ordered a bunch of magnets to try swapping as well as some new pots. I decided to get adventurous with pot values too. I ended up wiring in a 1meg volume and 300k tone. What I got was boosted overall output due to the higher value volume pot and a subtle increase in highs. I may still swap some magnets eventually but I'm liking this so far! I'd recommend trying this if you have the parts lying around.

Damn, I wan't to mod my JB in my Schecter, but only seller on ebay who has A8 magnets isn't shipping overseas. Fuck. I realy love JB, but sometimes I just wish the sound was a bit tighter.

Comment

More treble in a JB? That pickup is all treble and high mids to begin with (and flubby bass)! A lot of people use 250k pots to tame it (this is also what Seymour prefers). I usually don't like the JB in anything but a mahogany body.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not really adding a lot of treble. The 1M pot is on the volume... the main difference there is an overall increase in output level (remember, volume pots control volume). The 300k tone brightens it up just a tad. Not enough to sound ice pick-y but enough to give the low notes a bit more "crunch." So, I'm not really adding more treble per se.

Comment

Yeah, most people want less highs with a JB and go for 250K pots.

You must have a dark / muddy rig or something.

Comment

Jackson uses 500k volume and 250k tone stock. So I'm only moving up to 300k on the tone, it's not a drastic change. I like it, anyway

Comment

Working...
            X