Houndstooth paint job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houndstooth paint job?

Do you guys think a houndstooth paint job would look cool? And do you guys think this is even possible or have any ideas on how I could do it?
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

what the hell is a houndstooth paint job?
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

This pattern.
      “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

Comment

If a pshyco-swirl can be done, so can houndstooth.

Comment

I'm sure Mike Learn could handle that. I think it'd be really cool, actually! If you've gotta DIY it, get the pattern in a vector image and have a sign shop cut you a stencil/mask from vynl (but get a lower tack), and knock yourself out.

Sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I don't know how to get the stencil around the sides to the back though. I'll try it with some spray paint next week and post some pics. BTW Love your vids Sully.
              Last edited by mikamee14; 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I think houndstooth looks best on a fabric or something with some texture to it. The way it gets sewn into a fabric makes for rough edges that make it look good. Im not so sure I would like it on a smooth shiny guitar. Its best when it looks like rough squares until you look at it up close. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mikamee14 View Post
                  I don't know how to get the stencil around the sides to the back though. I'll try it with some spray paint next week and post some pics. BTW Love your vids Sully.
                  You might just have to apply the pattern only to the body's top and not the sides. Might have to go solid on the sides.

ALSO: you should take the scaling of the pattern into consideration, along with the color scheme. Too big and it'll look weird. Too small and it'll be a pain to paint/apply.
                  Last edited by GuerillaPete; 12-19-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

it looks craptacular to me. I dont understand why you would want to paint a guitar to look like the pants that the breakfast chef wears at the embassy suites hotel.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                    X