intonation probalos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intonation probalos!

I've been up and down with trying to set the intonation on my imported ps2. First started with 10-52 strings, then dropped to 10-46 and only can get the high e, b, d, and a strings intonated. The g and low e saddles wont go back farther. This is starting to annoy me, so any insight is appreciated! This is the first Floyd style unit to give me this issue.

Move your pickups down, away from the strings. Their magnetic field is probably interfering with them, not allowing you to intonate properly.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

What tuning? 10-52's in standard E is tough. Floyd's have alot more range over a hardtail. String gauge, tension(pitch) and scale of guitar all play a part. My guitars with 10-52's are tuned in D or drop C.

What's the scale?
      What tuning?

Comment

also you could have a bad string or even 2. I had a G string once that I could not get the saddle back far enough so I changed the string and it worked perfectly. GHS Boomer's if I remember correctly.

Comment

Forgot one more thing. Make sure those strings aren't fretting out somewhere. That will throw it way off too.

Comment

E tuning. I was getting frustrated because my M-II has either 10-46 or 10-52, and no snags. Looks like the magnets were too close. Right now its good to go and was tuned up, i'll let it sit for a while and check it when I get out of work. Thanks guys! If its still off, i'll scan for fretting.

Comment

Glad to be of help!
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Its off again and all seems well with the rest of it, so its going in to get set! :-P

Comment

Set the g and low e saddles with screw in the 2nd hole and the saddle all the way up against the screw. That should be correct. If not either the neck was swapped for a fusion neck or the posts for the Floyd have moved forward.
                  Gil

Comment

Worth a shot!

Comment

Got er back today. There were burs preventing the saddles from moving. Can't remember exactly, but he said something about when you tighten the screws that hold the saddles down, it pushes down on the metal making burs. He filed on the saddles and got it!

Comment

Working...
                      X