pickguard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickguard ?

just assembled a mutt, jackson neck on a fender strat body, the gap between the body and the fretboard over hang isnt tall enough for a standard 3ply pickguard. are the single ply ones thinner or just doesnt have the cool BWB/WBW look on the bevel. does anyone know where i can get a thin mirror or even chromed metal pickguard made.

Whoa whoa whoa! Pics? Does it intonate? How is the neck pocket fit? More details please!

And try here: http://www.pickguardparadise.com/mirror.html
    Last edited by levantin; 12-09-2011, 11:11 AM.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Single ply pickguards can be .060 to .090 (the SoCal guards are.090). IIRC, the 3 ply guards are around .090 - .125l. WD has mirror stock, but it's even thicker, at .125.

Sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Levantin, i will post pics later. it intonates fine, the neck pocket has the smallest gap, its an old woodburn strathead neck that the heal is a hair over 2 1/8" early charvel strat head size. the neck feels great but it needs some adjusting as it hasnt been on a body in years.

Sully the guard i have it .090 and way to thick. I may need to try & find a real metal one. the brass one on my 80's schecter is thin enough, i think its about 1/8".

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
          Levantin, i will post pics later. it intonates fine, the neck pocket has the smallest gap, its an old woodburn strathead neck that the heal is a hair over 2 1/8" early charvel strat head size. the neck feels great but it needs some adjusting as it hasnt been on a body in years.

Sully the guard i have it .090 and way to thick. I may need to try & find a real metal one. the brass one on my 80's schecter is thin enough, i think its about 1/8".
          You could trim the pick guard a little deeper so it wouldnt have to go under the fretboard over hang. If its that thick, you probably wouldnt even have a gap if you trim carefully.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
          X