Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA: A way to semi fix lifting clear on headstocks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: A way to semi fix lifting clear on headstocks...

I resold that snake I got from John as I just have become addicted to top mount floyds. BUT I had an idea before she left and gave it a shot. This will only work if you have access to a syringe with a few small needles.

The edge was starting to lift so I took an exacto knife and slit it open down the length of the lift....Dangerous but I wanted to try it.

I then took the needles and injected clearcoat from one of those auto scratch pens into the slit. I did enough to fill it and then clamped it and blocked it with a block of wood and wood clamps...(duh)

So after it sat for 2 days I backed it off and light sanded and polished the edge. It cleaned up about 85% of it and it was solid....it is prob not a permanant fix and if you don't know what your doing with clear it could end bad.

I forgot to take a damn pic but if I come across another like this I will post a step by step on what I do....IF it works again lol

I almost wonder if you could inject super glue as well or would it white under those conditions?
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Did you consider using Super Glue? I think some people use it to repair clear coat...

Comment

Yep; water thin glue and some whiptips will work as well.

Cool experiment, for sure!
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
      X