Stacking question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacking question....

Ok, so to make some room, in my guitar room, I want to stack a couple of cabinets.

I've only stacked them with the wheels on. Won't be using them for a while so I figured I'd take the wheels off & they wouldn't look so tall. So I did that, but the wheel wells in the top of the bottom cabinet don't really hold the top cab securely as the flange the wheels screw in is too big; so one big shove & it slides off.

Finally the question; what’s the best thing to do? Take the wheels off the bottom cab, but leave them on the top. That’s how I have it now. OR, is there something to put between to make it secure with the wheels off????

Its gonna be most stable with the wheels left on the top cab and taken off of the bottom one. Or you could employ a trick I used to do. Put four rubber feet on the left or right side of each cab and stack them sideways. It may look a little goofy but it will be stable and you wont have to take the wheels off of either cab. Alternatively, you could measure the distance between the wheel cups on the bottom cab and attach rubber feet to the bottom of the top cab just inside of the measurements of where the wheel cups would contact the bottom of the top cab. Ive done both of these options and the second is the most aesthetically pleasing.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Thanks Twitch,

I was going to put them sideways, but my wife hates that.

Should have though of the extra rubber feet - have a bunch on hand - that's how I have a couple of the heads stacked on those things.....

Comment

Instead of screwing rubber feet in the sides you could also mount them where the casters were (taking off the entire caster assembly)
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
        X