Super vee and bladerunner trems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super vee and bladerunner trems

Check You Tube type in bladerunner or super vee.
    This looks like a great trem and it retrofits strats with no mods.
    About to jump on a bladerunner its looks that good!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Checked it out. That thing looks amazing! The design seems legit. I don't see it adding to tone much though, since the v-trems already mount to the body, though this does seem to give greater contact. I just wouldn't get my hopes up too much. As far as function though, this thing seems pretty solid.

I will definitely be considering one in the future. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Just found their site. I must say, at $350, I don't see the Super-Vee selling too well. But the Bladerunner may very well find it's niche in the retro-mod field, though I still cringe slightly at the $150 price tag. I think $100 seems fair.
    Last edited by Axegrinder87; 11-30-2011, 10:05 AM.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

The Bladerunner looks interesting. May well have to grab me one of those sometime!

Comment

The bladerunner looks like a great unit and worth taking a chance on for the price IMO.The super vee not so much the nut looks squirrly.
        Would need to take a closer look at the whole unit.

Comment

I've got the BladeRunner installed on one of my Strats. Works like a charm. A tad bit stiffer than stock, but it stays in tune like nobody's business. It's first-rate hardware.
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I bought a super-vee and put the glue on the nut slot as described. Once I put on the nut, the glue swelled up so much it ruined the nut (the glue got in all the grooves and kept it from functioning). Maybe they have changed the glue since but I hated that it happened that way. Also, lock nut seemed to be a funky design. I like the spring steel design but honestly I think Ibanez zero-point pivot bridges have a better design. Still, OFRs are fine to me and I would never buy a super-vee again.
            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Why not just post a link to there page?

Caution: it makes noise.

http://www.super-vee.com/

Ok, after looking at this, how would one adjust the spring tension for going to 8's to maybe 13's?

And what about the tone? Plenty of strat cork sniffers out there that say the 6 screw trem is where it's at.
              Last edited by DonP; 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

That lock nut looks mega huge and somewhat complicated. Both bridges look really solid and well made. Not sure about 4 screws on the vintage. Sniff. (bottlecaps not corks).

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                  I bought a super-vee and put the glue on the nut slot as described. Once I put on the nut, the glue swelled up so much it ruined the nut (the glue got in all the grooves and kept it from functioning). Maybe they have changed the glue since but I hated that it happened that way. Also, lock nut seemed to be a funky design. I like the spring steel design but honestly I think Ibanez zero-point pivot bridges have a better design. Still, OFRs are fine to me and I would never buy a super-vee again.
                  Couldn't you clean out the slots? after all it is metal looks like to me.

Comment

straycat,

Buy one of these and write up a documentary. I'm still on a fence. I don't get along with v-trems, but I'm always tempted to Floyd a strat. This would be a lot less work.

I would only be interested in the Bladerunner and how stable the tuning is. IMO, if I'm going to do something like a Super Vee, might as well for the full way and do a Floyd.

Also, does anyone know of the easiest way to install a Floyd nut on a non-Floyd guitar? If there was a bullet proof way to do this, I think I'd just floyd everything. Wasn't there a routing tool at Stew-Mac? It's not there any more - I just placed an order yesterday.

Comment

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.fullcontacthardware.com/strat-tremolo.htm

Looks like it might by better than the Bladerunner, not sure though.

http://www.fullcontacthardware.com/u...443_734414.jpg
                      Last edited by Gunner; 12-02-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

My choice. Lots of choices. http://www.mannmadeusa.com/

Comment

I have the Bladerunner on a Carvin Bolt. Also using a graphtech nut and Sperzels on the same guitar. Tuning is much better than the stock Wilkinson trem, but still not as good as a Floyd. Guitar is louder and has more sustain.

Comment

anyone ever try a Trem King?

Comment

I added a Bladerunner to my MIM strat. Weirdly the guitar became noticeably acoustically louder and definetely had a more powerful sustain. The tuning stability during trem use was the icing on the cake. If you already have a strat with long sustain or resonant body this amplifies it. It's fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X