JE 2000 pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE 2000 pot question

Hey, I think I have a bad pot or two with my JE 2000 (for bass). I'm planning on replacing all the pots and seeing if that is the problem. I've dumped half a bottle of contact cleaner in there, so I'm to the point of replacement.

Can anyone point me at the proper pot I should be buying?

Tanks

Your best bet is to try and read the value off the back of the pots. I checked the wiring diagrams on Henrik's site but they don't list the pot values as they are part of a pre wired assembly. Someone may know for sure and chime in with the right values though. Jackson typically used 250k audio taper pots in their circuits but there is no guarantee on that.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, it says B250K so I assumed it is some sort of 250K pot. Would the B refer to the trim? It also says either 60 or 6C below.

I've looked quite a bit on the net and can't find what the 60/6C means and haven't found one that looks spot on the same.

Comment

B means linear. A means Analog.

Just get a B250K pot. The other stuff is a manufacturer's code or date.

Comment

The pots on it now have a "click" at neutral since they are for boost/cut. Is this normal with any b250k pot? Any idea on what the official term for the click is?

Comment

No, it's not normal.

A is for Audio taper, not Analog.

Generally I used Audio for vol and Linear for tone and boost. But it's down to taste.

Normally the pots on JE active circuits are 50K, is it just the boost control that is a 250B? If you are replacing all of them check to make sure the vol and tone are not different.

Comment

Working...
            X